If you own a business and you want to increase your visibility on search engines, local SEO is one of the steps your Seo hero must take.
Unlike your average SEO campaign, local SEO is a bit different since it requires you to acquire a different type of link. Instead of reaching out to high-authority websites relevant your niche, you need to get in touch with local websites that are relevant to what you do.
This means you may need to conduct meetups with local high-authority website owners, request for coverage from local press, and, get published in local publications.
This is after you do the basics of local SEO which are the following:
- Sign up for a Google My Business Page
- Write a detailed description of your business and include a link to your website. Other important details to include: local phone number, business address, and open hours.
- Select the category that best describes your products and services, upload a profile photo as well as photos of your establishment.
- Keep all details consistent when creating a citation on other pages besides Google My Business.
- Gather reviews from your existing customers. Make Google Reviews your first priority before getting reviews on Yelp which is also used by Apple maps.
- Adding your city/region together with relevant keywords when optimizing your site’s pages. Talk to your Seo hero about the best local keyword data that you should use.
Be sure to discuss these steps with your Seo hero. This helps to get them on track and optimize your site for local search.